Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

3.02.2006

THE CRISIS IS NOW!!

So, instead of paying attention in class yesterday, I made a detailed, comprehensive list of what needs to get done for each class to assure that I can leave for Texas in 12 days. And then it hit me:

I LEAVE FOR TEXAS IN TWELVE DAYS!!
I HAVE TO DO ALL THIS SHIT BEFORE THEN!!
HOLY HELL!!


I remember sitting there, calmly outlining my lack of sleep, lack of life, the upcoming self-sacrifice to the Ivory Tower. It looked difficult, strenuous, harrowing and full of suck. Yet, for a few fateful moments, I was able to see it as something foreign to me, something not immediately in my future. Then I realized: IT'S NINTH WEEK!

THE CRISIS IS NOW!!


Time to say good-bye to adequate sleep, well-rested days, manageable amounts of stress, decent food, being prepared for class, and generally not hating life. No, the crisis is nigh!

We were remarking how two weeks seems, theoretically like a long time, and how, generally speaking, two weeks can zoom by in the blink of an eye. 4th week to 6th week? Please. I've napped for longer then that. But then Stef pointed out that the amount of time between 9th week, 10th week, and that fateful finals week is infinitely longer then any other span of time. I think I know why: there is actually more time. Or at least more conscious time. In these coming weeks we will all sleep much less as we desperately try to cram 10 weeks worth of knowledge into our puny little brains. So, there is actually more experienced time between now and then. Boo to that.

Time for a bit of Crisis Relief. Time to buy a box of Chillable Red, lock myself in my apartment to emerge weeks later a much sleepier, alcohol soaked, and hopefully marginally smarter individual. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home