Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

2.28.2006

Oh, But How Wrong I Was

So, starting last week and ending Thursday, I wrote a paper. What I thought was a good paper, one that did exactly what papers are supposed to do. It made me consolidate my knowledge in a coherent manner, proving to the world once and for all that, yes, I in fact know some stuff. Woot for me.

I left the library with a feeling of elation: I wrote this paper and it is good.

Oh but I was wrong. I just to the paper back: C+.

The worst: a little note from my TA.

"I think you've just missed the main point of Brewer's piece."

The disappointing part isn't the grade. Luckily, I know live in a time where my happiness and well being is not directly tantamount to my GPA. But, shit. I was happy that I learned some things. Look ma, I wrote a paper. But no.

That'll teach me for putting in extra effort and doing my work before the night before it's due. Ha! See if I'll do that again.

I had a sad realization today while walking to class, before I received my ego-crushing paper.

I'm pretty darn good at being a student, but I'm a really crappy scholar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home