Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

2.10.2006

Yea, I'll Be Wearing Flowers in My Hair

On my couch!
With Lauren
Happy Suicide Prevention Day
2:21 pm
Friday, February 10, 2006

Yes, I'll Be Wearing Flowers in My Hair

I know, you all hate me.

This morning:
"Mostly cloudy with scattered snow flurries and snow showers. Low near 30F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 30%"

This Evening:
"Abundant sunshine. High 67F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph."

Email of "Itinerary and Food Plan" from my Auntie Lori
Cast of Characters: Aunt Lori and Uncle Vick -- my mom's brother and wife who used to be gypsies, Juanita -- Grandma Parks!! Woot! Aunt Jaynie -- my mom's sister. The first word I ever said was Nanie

Friday Daytime – Lori to go around and replace all the regular light bulbs with low, low wattage bulbs instead of running around like a crazed person trying to do all the things she should have done this last month. Vick should be working……………..

Friday Night – Vick and Lori to the airport to pick up Mom and Jaynie. After their luggage has been collected we will probably need to stop and find Juanita an Apple Martini (her favorite) while waiting for Mia to arrive. If Mia’s plane runs late we will leave a message for her to call us in the morning and we will come pick her up after breakfast. There will be the usual odd assortment of grazing opportunities in the fridge for those of us ready for our every 2 to 3 hour feed.

Saturday Daytime – Everyone will have Mia’s birthday cake for breakfast. I guess we really should go pick her up before we cut her cake? We will all have to check our sugar levels and decide then. Vick, Mia, and Jaynie will then tromp thru the City (or somewhere they can have chowder in a bread bowl for lunch) and not come home until dinner. Juanita will stay home with me and make me cookies/nap while I read/ nap then, she can read/nap while I cook dinner/drink wine.

Saturday Night – Mia may, or may not, have dinner with the rest of us before joining her friends for a rousing game of canasta at the local YMCA. Dinner will be: Rack of Pork, Garlic & Parmesan Noodles, Vegetable Melody, and a Green Salad (with sour dough bread or maybe yeast rolls????). Everyone is welcome to whatever is left of Mia’s cake. No one should plan on eating any of Lori’s Sugar Cookies.

Sunday Daytime – We are ALL taking the ferry over to the outdoor produce market at the Ferry Building in the City and we will sample our way thru it. It will be the perfect balance of fresh air, yummy goodies, and exercise to warrant an afternoon of naps/books/snacks until it is time for our very own family crab feed for dinner.

Sunday Night – A Crab Feed free-for-all complete with newspaper spread over the dinner table for easy clean-up.

Monday Daytime – Vick or I will take Mia to the airport at some ungodly hour of the morning. If Mia really loved us she would let us drop her off the night before – after the crab feed, of course. We will negotiate this later. Everyone may have ONE of Lori’s cookies for breakfast. Vick and Jaynie will go play golf while Juanita makes Lori more cookies. Juanita and Lori may go for a walk around the neighborhood. Juanita may want to make Vick some Ranger cookies – if she has time after our walk and before our nap. Vick and Jaynie will come in quietly from golf and take a nap like the rest of us.



I'm going to have the best Suicide Prevention Weekend ever. Woot, I say. Woot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home