Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

1.18.2006

The Towns People Rejoice: It's NOT Chillable Red

The Reg
A-Level
je fait un ecriture en francais.
boo.
seemingly lacking a point
sleepy, possibly sick
waiting for the other shoe to drop
10:51 pm
18 January 2006

The Towns People Rejoice: it's NOT Chillable Red

I did not miss the Reg. Nope. Swear to God. And now I'm here again, and it's sad. I'm writing a response on the book I "read" for my French lit class -- Manon Lescaut. Sure, I read the whole thing. Yea, exactly.

For some reason unbeknownst to me, I have lost my spark, drive, motivation. One or all of these things have disappeared from my life and it's making it rather difficult to do anything.

And he made me tremble that one time. That's rather difficult to deal with too. Oh gee.

So, what do I do? Finally succumb to the insidious voice cajoling me in the back of my head: fuck it, just get drunk. It'll be so much easier. Come on. Close up on Lauren and I at the Reg: cube of wine on the table, shoes off, drinking like the rockstars we are. (Merlot. Thank you Katherine for showing me that there is descent wine that comes in convenient packaging.), Two wine glasses and academic achievements abound. No quite Paris, mais il faut que je survive.

I woke up this morning clutching Durkheim to my breast as I've taken to sleeping with a pile of books occupying the opposite side of the Nestivus. Yes, I am that cool and popular. Fast forward to lunch with Stefan.

"I'm not sure whether to be comforted or moderately Freaked the FUCK OUT by all this."
" Yea, it's cool. I've done that. I mean, why worry? Just stick to your books, hold them close to you when the night is cold. There's no need to let real people in your life. They'll just leave you. Durkheim will never leave you."
"Thanks Stef. That's exactly where I was trying not to go. "
"I had to go there didn't I?"

Yes, I guess you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home