Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

9.01.2005

Tidbits of Thought

This post was/is being written while I call 75,603 kids asking them why we haven't received their returning TfC applications. Hence the randomness.

Giving away pianos is a fantastic experience. People who love what they do are better at it. If I could teach musical theater to kids for the rest of my life, I would. In a heart beat. But the there's the possibility that I turn in to Ms. Ryan. Ouch.

The people of Louisianna are in my thoughts and prayers. As are the people who have to suffer under oppression and tyranny despite the weather. It always erks me when after a national tragedy, there's an major out pouring of support. Yes, fine. Good. New Orleans needs all the aid it can get, both physically, spiritually, and monetarily. But before the flooding, what were all these hundreds of thousands of donors doing to make the world better in general? I feel like people forget that there is profound suffering going on everyday, and it's up to me,(and the 29 other Summer Linkers), it's up to us, to save the world. The people of Darfur and the Sudan can't catch a bus to the Astro Dome.


I'm cleaning out my desk, right? There are, not shitting you:
1 yellow to-go coffee cup with a screw on lid (Alii's)
1 purple to-go coffee cup with a screw on lid (Mine)
1 MAB to-go coffee mug, huge
1 ceramic coffee mug with sail boats on it
1 small thermos, silver with red
1 large thermos, silver with handle
1 1.5 liter water bottle
1 pink water cup
1 nalgeen
1 bag of pistachios
1 half eated jar of peanut butter
2 pouches of microwave popcorn
64 kinds of tea
7 scarves (none of which I wore)
5 pens (that I brough from home)
720 packets of sweeten low
1 red blanket
1 black cardagin
1 picture of my daddy and me

Not bad for 10 weeks. I'm impressed by the display of coffee holding aparatus that I seem to own, acquire and generally keep around myself. Too bad all of those containers hold coffee at the moment, and are going to have to be washed before they make their pilgramage home.

Meter parking in the West Loop: the best place is on Sangamon street. The secret is: they're not really two hour parking meters. THEY'RE SIX HOURS. Damn you Mayor Daley with you shift meter signs. Just keep putting quarters it, it'll work. I just went to feed the meter and there was an abandoned, sad, lonely, unopened snack pack on the sidewalk. It made me sad thinking of the person somewhere out there who's really missing that pudding delight.

When is it that guys think, "Damn, that girls hot. If I slow down a bit a hollar at her out of the window my truck, she's sure to like me." Trust me, it doesn't work,and I'm not even sure it's flattering. For some reason, I guess the 30-year old-with-kids look is working for me today. (That's what Alii calls my unofficial uniform -- moderatly stretchy pant, cuffed into capris with a button down tailor shirt, sleeves rolled up, comfy flats)

This weekend, I'm going to the Minnesota State Fair. Whoopee! Hello Road Trip with Jesse, Lauren S. and one of Jesse's roomates. It should be good times. Supposedly, there's a Butter Queen, and they carve a bust of her out of butter. Yea, I almost creamed my pants as I typed that.

I will also get to see Elissa while I'm in the big MN. She goes to Macalester. Oh damn did we do sweet group projects together in middle school and high school. I'm glad that she continues to be a part of my life

And now I'm donw with my last task at Merit. Maybe I get to go home early on my last day. This has been a great job, but I'm ready for two weeks of vacation here, then bling in Texas. Then Paris. Geez, life is great.

2 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger lauren said...

Can I say that upon the mere MENTION of that black-eyed hellbeast I almost choked on my cheeseburger? Because that's entirely true.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I just went to the Minnesota State Fair. I stuffed myself with so much food that I almost confused the "I Know Your Weight Guy" into missing me by more than three pounds. I wanted to complain but he seemed old and he seemed to be losing a lot of money so I thought that it would be bad to steal money from old people.(though now I grew wise and wondered who he was working for, for $6.50 an hour)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home