Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

8.31.2005

Observations 3.1, 3.2, 3.3

My Office
Two Days of Work Left
Fall Faculty Meeting in Full Swing
Full of Greek Food
12:11 pm
Wednesday, August 31, 2005


Observation 3.1

Jesse and I had a conversation that went something like this yesterday as we walked home from the #6 stop.

"My head's getting loud. Goddamnnit. Maybe I'll eat 64 Tylonol when I get home."
"Loud? What do you mean?"
"Well, you know how everyone has an internal dialogue?"
"You mean, monologue?"
"You see, that's my point exactly."

I talk to myself, in my head, all the time. I carry on a non-stop conversation, with myself pretty much constantly. And I find it soothing.

Most mornings I chit-chat to myself about how beautiful Hyde Park is, or how lucky I am to be alive. There's always one side declaring, pontificating, exclaiming, while the other listens, contemplates, rearranges.

Sometimes I get very upset with myself, and then things get loud. This is a problem. It started to happened yesterday, but instead of flipping my shit, I got a headache, and felt light-headed, spacey, and a bit nauseous. It seems as if my head was trying to do one thing and the drugs said no. Odd.

Also odd to think that most people have a monologue with them all the time. Don't they need someone to talk to? Doesn't it get lonely? I would much rather talk with myself, then at myself, or at no one at all.

Observation 3.2

Every bus driver has their own unique system of passing out transfer cards. Some keep them in their pockets, some on the window sill, some have a stack with their time chart. How long did it take them to figure out that this system, the one that was used on me this morning is the most quality system?

Observation 3.3

When my internal dialogue is at it's best, it tends to be witty banter, with a soothing cadence and a listing lilt. I think that that's the appeal of France: the French language, especially when it's not in the forefront of my mind sounds exactly like the best form of company I give myself on occassion.

Alii doesn't hallucinate in Mongolia, maybe I'm less odd in France.

As for Hippie Fest, I'll keep the highlights coming over the next few days.


Top 5 Saying from Hippie Fest


5. God Bless Victor Wooten.
4. Wake Up Hippies!
3. I haven't looked over there in a long time!
2. This is going to work out really well for me.
1. The best way to get rid of things is to swallow.

5. The phrase of praise when things just got too good to be believed.
4. Mofro took to the stage Saturday morning extolling the Hippies to get out of bed and start their day. It was pretty funny. We were within sight of the main stage.
3. Igor, when we released his inner 8 year old girl, when we collapsed into a silly heap on the side of the hill. The we ate the woods, found Nevada, and collapsed into a silly heap all over again.
2. Katherine, moments before she ate a hard boiled egg, covered in Nutella. Yea, she swore it was tasty. The next day, she realized our problem with the whole eating combination, namely that of egg and Nutella are not meant to go together. Eww.
1. I'm sitting there with Red Fury on my tongue when Alii hands me a tasty fungal snack. Tasty, yet gross, I'm having difficulty finishing, so Igor offers his oh so candid advice.

God Bless Victor Wooten

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home