Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

8.11.2005

Well, it's Thursday

A-Level
Comforting to Be Back
Kinda Drunk
5:33 pm
Thursday, August 11, 2005

Well, it's Thursday

I took today off of work, kinda, to work on an independent research paper. Then instead, Alii and I went to Jimmy's for lunch, and three pitchers of Sam Adams later, I'm not only drunk, but drunk and lonely.

Here I sit in the library, happily spending my time learning the effect of education in music on the rest of a child's educatioon. Good times, right? Only sad part being that when I'm done, there's no one to go home to talk to it about.

Alii and I spent last night driving up and down lakeshore, drinking, and discussing various life issues. It was pretty fantastic, but didn't solve anything ultimately. She promises I'm not going to be fucked (hyperbolically speaking, of course) but it doesn't feel that way.

I always forget how I don't do casual sex. It makes all the lies my mother told me about myself come true.

But what do you do, honestly? Forsake physical comfort? Stop hoping that the other person will realize how awesome I am and begin to forsake the others? Or conversely, hold out for someone so far away? Where is that delicate line to be walked, and how do I learn to have better balance upon it?

It's great to have my best friend back, but I hate sleeping alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home