Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

7.18.2005

Home Alone!

Work
Kinda Bored
Soon to be Cat Free!
1:55 pm
Monday, July 18, 2005

Home Alone!

After throwing a fit to Alii on Friday, Katherine has agreed to take the kittens. Thank goodness! I just cannot deal anymore. I'll miss Sappho, but God in Heaven will it be lovely to breathe properly in my own home again.

This weekend was pretty chill. I went to Michigan but we didn't sail. The weather refused to cooperate, so I read Harry Potter on their couch all weekend. Lovely lovely. While I would of done practically the same thing had I been home, it was nicer to do it there, be taken care of, do laundry, and sleep in the air conditioning.

My mother and I get along better now. I think that a large part of it is that I know where I'm going in my life now, which I didn't when I was in high school. Don't get me wrong: there are still many parts of who I am that I keep hidden from her as I'm 99% she'll judge me for it, but things are no longer the horribleness they were for so long. No deep intellectually or emotional discussions, but no yelling either.

I had a rather profound realization on the drive there too, which was much needed. I've become too content in my life, to okay with my sitution. I've got things sweet, I'm not going to lie, but I let that sweep me into idleness. Not allowed on my life long quest for betterment. Don't get me wrong: many, most areas of my life are continuing to truck along, getttin better all the time. It's the personally, internal betterment that's been stalling out. What have I been doing personally, inside, to make myself a better friend, citizen, person? Not a damn thing actively. Yes, I am being bettered, learning, growing thanks to Summer Links, but I haven't been taking personal stock, putting forth extra effort, activly striving.

It reminds me of Erik B. this Spring Quarter. His personal goal was to be better hydrated that quarter, and succeed he did. He told me that sometimes you have to achieve small goals, but important goals, and I completly agree.

So here I am, driving along, making personal goals. And I think it worked. Good times.

Other then that, not a lot going on. I'm cooking for 35 people Wednesday night, so that's something to prepare for. Tasty Southern Food. I miss Alii, as she's in Portland, and am SO DAMN HAPPY TO HAVE THOSE GOD FORSAKEN CATS OUT OF MY HOUSE!

Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home