Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

7.06.2005

Just Get Off the Train and. . .

My Cubical
Work
About to go Teach Musical Theater
Back = pain
2:35 pm
Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Just Get Off the Train and. . .

This weekend was fantastic. Friday, I had another bi-partisan clash, of sorts. What is it with me and general entanglement with ridiculously conservative republicans? A catholic no less!! There's something strangely entertaining about being a walking paradigm. Oh jeez. Yea, I'm ridiculous.

Saturday, I went for a trip in the city. Basically, I just wandered around. I woke up and had cake for breakfast, talked to Adam for 3 hours (Weird, I know, I don't normally do the phone. This was nice. If I can't see him, I can at least now what's going on in his life. I love him so.) Early afternoon hits, and I'm raging to get out of the apartment, so we all head downtown. Wander, wander, wonder,wander. I was pretty self contained, except for the part when I skipped through the Metra station hollaring "Scrumptious Potassium." Good times were had by all.

Sunday, I slept. Really, I slept till noon, took a nap from 3-6, and went to bed at 10:30. It was brillant.

Monday, we decided to go to the dunes. Since I had brought presents for Alii, and I have my 4th of July tradition of mind expansion, we decided to head out of the city. Evan and Amy told us to take the train, and just get off at the Warren Dunes stopped. Here we go, out of our minds, becoming uncontained on the train, laughing laughing laughing. Then we get off the train, and realize we have no idea where we are, and there's not lake in sight. I think we expected to step off the train directly onto a dune, but that's not how it happened. We don't even know the cardinal directions at this point, because we'd never taking the South Shore line before, and the lake isn't always East in Indiana. So, we start walking down the road, towards a sign that says, "Visitor Center, 3 miles." We soon tire of walking on the road, so we head off on a trail through the woods. Hiking, hiking. It was pretty fantastic. About 3 hours, 5 miles later, we emerge at the visitor center, still very very happy. A ranger gives us a ride to the shore, since we looked a bit out of it. Turns out we were a mile from the lake when we got off the train, only we went the wrong way. We came unhinged when we got the lake. Jumping, running, laughing, swimming for hours. It was as if we had been trapped in a watercolor painting, as the sun set, and the water was teal-blue. Georgeous.

Needless to say, it was a fantastic day. Now my back's paying the price, I'm exhausted, and hungry. But it was worth it.

Off to sing with kids. Yea! My life rocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home