Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

5.31.2005

Needles of Love and Joy

Work
Ehhh.
Bored as all Hell
1 Week till Austin!
Oh with the work. . .
3:32 pm
Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Needles of Love and Joy

Today I went to the Clinic of Pain. And, it helped. I know, I'm almost afraid to say anything in fears that it'll jinx the whole thing but this is pretty damn nifty.

The doctor was so nice. I could tell that he was really listening, trying to help me, caring. And he was friendly, and considerate. He answered my questions, asked his own nicely, and generally made the whole process a wonderful thing. I think he really did sympathsis with my constant pain, which is reassuring.

What he did was poke my back and mark all the super painful parts. Then, after gathering many med students (Why is it that I'm always the one who gets the med students?) he stuck a short needle into my back at a muscle junction, then inserted numbing stuff and steroids. They did it at about seven seperate places in my back. It was painful, but worth it.

Afterwards, I watch a video for ASL extra credit, then went home and passed out. It was some of the best sleep I've had in a long long time. I think that this may be a course of action that works. The attending made it a point to stop it and tell me that I need to take special care to rebuild up my back and shoulder muscles while the medicine takes effect. It's not a cure, but it makes it so that I can strengthen those muscles, and not be in constant pain.

Oh the BBQ was fantastic yesterday, but I of course drank too much. Good times were had by all. Matt, Emmie, and Ayse came by so that was fantastic. Hehehe. We sang through "Terror in Tuscaloosa" which was amazing. I love my friends so much.

Bryan rebooked my plane ticket, so no more angst there. I get into Austin at noon, June 8th, bitches. Be there.

Time to stuff envelopes. Fun Fun Fun. The things we do and pretend we like in order to get a pay check.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home