Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

5.28.2005

States of Lassitude

Fink's Kitchen
Post Clayton's Dinner Party
About to Go do Reading. . .
10:45 pm
Saturday, May 28, 2005

States of Lassitude

We had our first party last night. And yes, good times were had by all. Lord God in Heaven, do we have a lot of extra liqour.

Marie Penner-Han threw up off our balcony.
A glass got broken in our neighbors yard.
Jarrett may have broken my chair, but not our wines glasses.
Alii said she'd have sex with Ben over having sex with someone of Shepard's choice.
Ben Fink made out with Sarah Idzik! Hehehe.
I played guitar.
We played the new Candyland.

And then everyone left. And I was alone. I won't lie -- it stung. I sprawled out on the floor, listened to Shostakovitch. I feel darkness welling and fear I may not be able to hold it off anymore. I've expended much mental energy this quarter dealing with the manic, and I've done well. But the darkness not so much. Yet it comes. Yet it comes. Inpending doom. It's not as easy to deal with as the Manic -- paint, write, clean. But this . . .

So I go to dinner parties, write letters, take long showers. Sleep a lot. Drink.

"I can do an ironic anything." Ben Fink. (We're discussing the nature of American musical theater while I write this.)

And I went to work this morning. Eww. And then, I couldn't get this day going. I corresponded with varoius people, cleaned, showered, and ate bean! I made my premier pot of beans in my apartment. It helped. I took a tasty nap. I love that I got an extension for my paper, till Monday and I still haven't started. I think I'm about to go to home and go to bed. Boo.

Oh! Memorial Day BBQ. If you read this, you are most likely invited. 2:00, our apartment of Love and Joy. Bring some food if you want. Give me a call. All should come. There will be a stage reading of some stuff from Naked, plus other festivities.

You know what staves off the down? BBQ. And hugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home