Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

9.22.2005

The Eye of the Storm

Jaynie’s House
About to go eat Lunch
Thursday, September 22, 2005
11:25 am

The Eye of the Storm

The original plan was for me to go to College Station this weekend to Bling with Bryan, then Austin, then Waco, then Dallas, then Paris.

But Rita thinks differently.

Instead of beginning my Wirlhwind Texas Tour, I’m going back to Tyler. Bryan and Eric will be there, but it’s still Tyler.

So, I’ve decided to let Kelsey’s mom do my new tattoo, and I’m going to call Andrew, who I ran into at the Laughing Dog the other day and see if he wants to go out. Yes, I may ask a young gentleman out, even being the Southern Bell that I am. I know, it’s intense, but I blame the southern heat going to my head. And the mind-numbing horribleness that is Tyler. Plus, he’s legal and I need someone to go drink with. Alii would be so proud. Maybe I can call her and she’ll ask him out for me.

I met Andrew at Church when I was in sixth grade. He was my boyfriend, and we used to have our parents pick us up later then choir practice actually finished so we could explore the catacomb of tunnels under the church and make out. Once I started going to Lee, he was a friend – we said hello when we ran into each other, small idle talk. He also helped me procure certain, needed things from time to time, if you get my drift. I have a picture with him from prom – where he sported patchwork corderoy pants and a Grateful Dead shirt. He still has tons of curly blond hair, dimples, broad shoulders and height. Tasty.

In truth, Bryan and I really want to go to College Station and ride the storm out. Just imagine: we’re all huddled up in the bathroom with the windows boarded up, smoking bowls, yelling at the hurricane, singing Phish songs.

I know that it’s a insane idea, but in truth I don’t care. When else am I going to have the chance to challenge Mother Nature? Shout at the wind, emerge as a shining example of humanity triumphing over disaster, chaos and rain.

But no.

They think it’ll be a category 2 when it hits College Station – three hours away from the coast.
Bryan’s roof is shit, and will probably come off.
They’re expecting many, many tornados.
Bryan’s parents have demanded he come home.

So, to Tyler I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home