Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

9.07.2005

World: Accomplished

The Sunroom
Happy 4:20!
Kittens are the cutest.

World: Accomplished

Today, I accomplished many things. I burst forth (at 1:00 pm) to conquor the campus, preparing for my near departure. Financial Aid Office: check. Bursar's Office: check. Citibank: check. Hummus in the grass with Lauren: check.

I also went to the University Community Service Center and talked to Wallace. They are looking at restructuring their office, and I may be a part of that. Talking to Wallace reminded me what a huge impact the SCC has had on my life. David Hayes helped me make a resume, send out a cover later, choose a job. Serving on the Community Service Finance Committee, and now Summer Links. SO much of what I am, what I believe in, the kind of person I attempt to be everyday are tied up there, or are embodied by people who work there. I am inspired by the entire staff there.

I told Wallace about wanting to own my secret desire to own my own 503(c). He says I could do it by 25. I think he's right. Probably means I'll be staying in Chicago for a bit? City living somwehere, that's for damn sure. Austin, Portland, St. Paul, Palo Alto. Who knows.

I think that's what I love about the UCSC. Every time I have interaction with them, I come out re-examining my life, looking at my priorities, rearranging them. What do I believe in? Where is my life going? What am I going to do with this life, with the amazing possibilities that are before me? How am I going to help? How am I going to positively impact life? And a place that can do that, people that can do that over and over again, and keep me coming back for more. To work there, be a part of that would be amazing.

And now, "My Summer" lays before me. This summer has been an amazing experience, but not blissful and full of nothing. I haven't played enough guitar on the porch, taken enough naps, or had no plans. That's what the next few weeks are all about.

Then Paris bound.
Days till Texas: 9?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home