Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

11.30.2004

Thanksgiving Thoughts, Birthday Wishes

My Room
Smelling the Tasty Smell of Coffee
Oh! I have Caroline's too!
"You're about to get cut up, cut down." Ahh I heart Jason Mraz
Watching the Two Cutest Fish Ever
Actually Going to Bio. . .
Remarkably, awake
Renewed, rejuvenated, reenergized
SOOO Happy to be Home
12:27 pm
Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Thanksgiving Thoughts, Birthday Wishes

Oh glorious break, it's soo good to be back.

Let's start with the fact that we weren't in Milwaukee proper, but Wawautosa. So, put that in your pipe and smoke it. It was such good times. Ayse's grandparents are genuinely nice people, with big hearts, and like all grandparents, they force feed people younger then themselves. Damn, did we eat a lot. And watch a lot of TV.

Thursday we went for a truly lovely walk through this wooded area by a river, and there were trains, crisp fall air, good conversation, and Cigarettes! We watched "Gone with the Wind" and both proved that we're seen that movie more times then is probably healthy. We feasted on T-Bone steak, mashed potatoes, and the best jello salad ever. I don't even like jello salad, but this, this was phenomenal. My dad called me and the rest of the family played hot potato with the phone. I talked with everyone there in less then five minutes. I really missed them. I missed the way Tyler smells in the fall, although it's not really cold. I missed finishing eating and going out to see all the people you didn't necessarily miss. I missed being home. My Grandma gave my dad a talking to for not talking to her: she would have given him money to fly me home. And she will next year, in fact she demands my presence. Yea! I love my Grandma. I told her that I was at least with someone's grandparents, if I couldn't be with my own. She like that.

Friday we walked to Gilley's. They have custard here, but no snow cones. It's thicker, creamer ice cream. Gilley's is quite a ways away, but it was completely worth the trek. Football. We watched a shitload of football. And did work, in our own defense.

Saturday we found a Starbucks. That made me miss my Daddy as well, but the coffee was yummy. Again, Ayse treated me because she's my secret girlfriend. That evening, Ayse's grandmother's house was invaded by second cousins, aunts, uncles, and other assorted relatives. So, they had a bunch of beer, and Ayse and I, of course, started drinking it. Turns out we were the only ones in imbibe, got a little tipsy, and generally hid from scary Paul, and joked with Jan and John. And ate lots of cheese. It was fun.

It's nice to see that all families are the same to some extent. After everyone left, we all ended up in the kitchen gossiping about everyone. Which is exactly what happens in my family too, only in Spanish. It was good times. I told Ayse that one of her aunts (?) speaks rather assertedly for someone of her intellect. The whole family agreed that I'd hit that right on the nose. And while Paul is scary, he sounds like Kermit the frog from the other room.

We went to the Turkish store on the way home -- Tasty! And then got here and decided to get drunk. Well, not quite.

We need to wax various parts of our anatomy. Various sensitive parts of our anatomy. So, we decided that we need to liquid anesthetize. Cafe Chardonnay, here we come. We burned a CD, stole the stereo out of the kitchen, warned Andrew of our impending screams, opened the bottle of wine Ayse's grandmother had given us, and commenced the torture. JESUS H CHRIST WAS THAT PAINFUL, POINTLESS, AND AGONIZING. Alii followed the sounds of our screams and joined us later. Once done, we drank another bottle of wine. I was so drunk, at about 4 in the afternoon. . I eventually passed out at around seven. Woke up, had some Mac n cheese, and got drunk all over again. Did you know that Turkish cherry juice tastes sooo good when mixed with any alcohol? Yeah, word.

And then Kenneth came home. Yes, yes. I'll admit it: I missed the kid. Ayse and I analyzed it to it's complete and total end, and I therefore refuse to do it again here, but let it suffice to say that I did miss him, and not just for his male presence. So there. And, he might be joining me in the land of whiskey and sunshine for New Years, as might Alii! Hooray!

Happy Birthday Scott Hanson! You have yet again, survived another year on this fantastic planet. Thanks for making the little one happy. That being said, you hurt her in the long run, and I will fucking kill you. No, as I told Ayse, for some odd reason, you guys make sense. Strange, convoluted, absurd sense, but sense none the less. She's wearing a skirt today, for you, we put ourselves through immense pain, her part inspired for you, and hunny, she's quite smitten, in case you missed that. Scott's a good guy, and I'm glad that through Ayse, he's a more a part of my life then before. Maybe I met you as part of ScottandTrina, but now I think I like you better as your own independent person, who just happens to be dating my best friend does. Happy Birthday. When are we catering your party with leftover Bartlett money?

The best part of this weekend was getting to spend time with Ayse, to talk of important things, very unimportant things, and all the junk in-between. I am constantly amazed at how insightful she is, how full of love, how willing to help. This trip was such a good idea, and such a nice, laid back, good time.

Now I must away to continue with this crazy week. I have a final and a paper due tomorrow. Have I started either, or even started getting ready for either? No. But, I'm going to biology, and then to a review session for Sign Language (aka: what I have the midterm in) and then it's Paper Time: closely akin to hammer time.

Four Page ASL Paper Due Friday.
Neuro Sci final next Tuesday.
Sociology papers (2 short -- 4 page -- papers) due next Friday.

Then, in 11 DAYS I return to whence I came -- the land of central air and heat, deulies, big hair, cream gravy, where whiskey flows, where people use pet names usually involving some sweet substance and food (hunny pie, sugar bear, baby cakes, sughar, dahrlin. .) where when someone asks how you're doing, they mean it. Where y'all is king. Where I belong. I'm ready to go Home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home