Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

11.12.2004

I Have a NO-PARTY Policy in my Spleen

In my room, of course
Knowing that at least Shostakovitch Gets Me
Tired, Tired, Tired
Boo Mono
12:30 pm
Friday, November 12, 2004

I Have a NO-PART Policy in my Spleen

So, I went to the doctor yesterday, and they told me my spleen feels full, which is major sign that I do, in fact, have Mono.

"Does it hurt when i do this"
"It feels a little uncomfortable. Mildly painful."
"Like your spleen is full?"
"Sure, I guess."
"Well, I think there may be a little mono party going on in your spleen."

I HAVE A NO-PARTY POLICY IN MY SPLEEN!


This is wholly depressing. I haven't been to class since Monday. I was all going to go today and go to at least one of them, ASL, but then I got dizzy and almost fell over going to the bathroom, so I nixed that plan. I was actually jealous of Kenneth, all getting up and going to class today. Oh, for shame.

I mean seriously, since when am I ever lame? Suddenly, I have become the queen of Lame as Hell.

On a good note, I went to see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. To quote from Kenneth and I's pre-music conversation:
"Well, maybe I can't go dancing, or play drinking candyland, but at least I can still go to the symphony."
"Even when your sick. Does that list strike you as odd at all? Swing danceing, drinking candyland, and the glow in your eyes before the symphony. ::smile::"

I got a kiss on the check for that one.

Shostakovitch's 8th Symphony, in C Minor, is what it feels like to be manic. It was absolutely amazing. The CSO hall is beautiful, I didn't feel death-like. I was spell bound.

I've been awake for about an hour now, and I feel like I'm about to crash. Time to self medicate, and go to bed again.

I knew that sleeping 18 hours a day would get old, but I didn't think it would happen this fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home