Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

11.01.2004

Matt is a Douchebag

My Seat of Power
At Work, but not Working
Waiting, Waiting, Alone
Talking on the Phone to Ayse
Still Pissed at Matt
Not Ready for my Bio. Midterm
5:37 pm
Monday, November 1, 2004

Matt is a Douchebag

So, about a month ago, Matt comes up with a really cool idea: since there's a crew regatta in Detroit, him, Ayse and I should road trip up there, spend the weekend, good times. It was of course contingent on Matt making the boat, but possibilities looked good. November 6th is approaching. Detroit here I come?

Fast-forward to yesterday. I called Matt at about 4:30 to see if he was racing this weekend, and if so, what time we were leaving. Matt says we'll leave about 5:30 ish. Awesome. I called my mom and told her, and everything seemed all groovy.

8:00 Matt IM's me and says, "Guess what?" "What?" "Emily (the girl he has a crush on) asked me to go with her to Detroit and to stay at her parents house." "And you of course told her that you have already been planning on going with your two best friends for a month, right?" "Um. No."

Matt is a douchebag.

Let's run through a list of his excuses for blowing Ayse and I off, and I will swiftly tromp all of them.

1. He needs to stay with the crew team.

As far as I can tell, Emily's house in not a crew sponsered location, and last time I checked, Ayse was on the crew team too. And, even if he did want to stay with other team mates the night before the race, that's no reason to just completely fuck off our entire weekend plans.

2. He wouldn't have been able to spend much time with us anyways.

Time constaint plans haven't changed since he first proposed them, except that the race was moved to Sunday. Which, if you think about it, menas we could of had MORE time to spend with each other, but who am I to say. Even if the race was still on Saturday, we said, from the beginning that the fun part was going to be the roadtrip.

3. It's not that he's blowing us off, it's just that he doesn't have time with all the things he's being asked to do.

Well, if he had honored the plans that we made, this wouldn't even be an issue. This was his idea. This was a way to spend time with us, but as that is obviously not important to him. . .

4. I didn't know the plans were that set in stone. It was always iffy.

True Matt. It was contingent on you going to Detroit, but not on you changing your mind and blowing us off. And, for the record, don't play stupid. I called you yesterday afternoon and we set up a time to leave. That seems like a pretty solid plan to me. In fact Friday, we talked about what we were going to do, and how fun it was going to be. But, whatever.

There are many many more, but I'm getting quite incensed at this point.

Oh, and let the record show: Ayse doesn't have a ride to Detroit. Way to go Matt.

As far as I can see, he's acted like the plans that we made, that he initiated, mean shit. Don't worry about things that were planned with Ayse and Mia, I can just blow them off. I thought that this was his was of saying "You guys are important to me, I appreciate all that we've gone through. I'm making it an effort to spend time with you, see, by us going on this trip." Yeah, right.

He's dissing his best friends so he can chase some ass. Wonder how Smirti would feel about that?

I have lost so much respect for him as a person, so much love for him as a friend. I'm truely disappointed because, out of all the people I know, I thought Matt was better then that. Despite all the shit that's gone down between us, I always thought that Matt was a man of good character. Obviously, I was mistaken. It's very upsetting to discover that you're not important to someone at all, especially someone who's terribly important to you.

I'm not mad over the function, I'm disgusted at the form.
Matt, you lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home