Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

11.22.2004

Fishies!

My Room
Drinking Coffee
Writing outline for Sociology
Sleepy. . . and I can't blame it on Kenneth
10:03 am
Monday, November 22, 2004

Fishies!

So, Kenneth and I went a little crazy at the pet store. Let it suffice to say that I am now the proud owner of a five gallon fish tank, with filter, a gargoyle bedecked arch, an underwater plant, and two of the cutest fish ever.

May I introduce Sir. Albion Woodbury Small, the II, and Mr. Albert Abraham Michelson Jr. We have socially progressive fish -- they're life partners. They reside in the Sir. Leopold Schwiggins Memorial Aquarium. Why the fantastic names?

Albion Small was the founder of the Chicago School of Sociology and the first head of the department. Albert Michelson was the first head of the physics department and the first person to correctly measure the speed of light. I think. He did something important for physics, I know that much. I let Kenneth name him, so sue me for not paying that much attention to the details. Albion is orange, black, and white calico with mostly black fins. Albert is black with a shiney belly and big, puffy eyes. He's mostly blind, so he'll come nibble on your finger because he thinks it's food.

Yes, I love my fish very much. They bring me much joy, which I think was Kenneth's point.

Only three days of school then Milwaukee! I'm actually excited about this. It's been a long time since I got to spend that much time with Ayse, plus I'm never been to Wisconsin. Hooray for Thanksgiving.

And, it's looking like I'm not going to Detroit during reading period. My mom emailed me and said that "it must be difficult" for me to pretend to like her. Let me clear something up.

I don't hate my mother. I'm grateful for everything she's done for me. At the same time, she needs to realize that it's not her place to try to control me. I dislike her, that's true, but I also love her. She's my mom, right? I was harsh in my last post, also true. Truthful though. I wasn't trying to start drama. I was using my blog for it's intended purpose, which isn't going to change knowing that she reads it. I guess I hoped that maybe that last post would serve as a wake up call to her. Instead, I think she's going to cut off contact with me for a while. As Dad said, she can be immature.

That being said, it's actually a good idea for me not to go to Detroit. I've got ass loads of work coming up. Ehhck. I think I'm going to try to get a good start on my biology paper before I got to Milwaukee, because it's due Wednesday after this.

Anywho, I've still got lots of reading and outlining to do. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home