Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

5.25.2006

25.5 Hours and Counting

UCSC
Should be researching stuff for work
or reading Heidegger
but instead . . .
12:28 pm
Thursday, May 25, 2006

For Alii's graduation, for fun, for to get away from it all, Alii, Lauren, Katherine and I are all going camping. Camping. Summer Camping.

We're leaving tomorrow at 2:00. Here's all the shite I need to get done between now and then.

class
class
discussion (prolly not)
go to costco
buy food
and a cooler
go to michael's
dread beads
pack
not forget anything
load the car
go see Al?
gangsta shit
hang out with Steiner
two weeks worth of Heidegger
study Heidegger so I don't fail everything
study for Ethics exam so I don't fail everything
paint toe nails
shave
wax dreads
sleep?

Now that I've typed all that, it doesn't seem unachievable. But you see, the problem is that I should spend all weekend studying. Yup, all damn weekend. But no, I think instead I'll dance in a field.

Truth be told: I'M MF-IN' EXCITED

the music. the people. the excitement.the glorywonderhappiness of it all. the jams. the sunrise. the hippies. the lights. the smells. the rain. the love. I'm overdue for a Hippie Church Revival.


It's the official start of the summer. It's Punkin's first hippie fest! Spee! I'm so glad that she has grown to like my music and become a fan in her own right. I love jammin' next to her, going on adventures. It makes me overjoyed and full of love to get to share this part of my life with Punkin. She's the greatest. Not to slight Alii and Katherine: they're dank too. For sure. In short: it's going to be a transplendent weekend festivus.

In other news: a week from now I should be going to camp. I still haven't heard, but they have all of my information and should get back to me later today.
I realized last night that if I don't get to go to camp -- and I still think I definitely will -- that wouldn't be the end of the world.

Drinking too much with Ayse. Waitressing somewhere. Or bartending. Lots of independent camping. Movies in Grant Park. Time to paint. Most especially: I'd get to go home to Texas soon and stay for a good while. It's not like I'd have a job to rush back to or anything.

Realizing that has made me less anxious about everything. About the possibility that all of my dreams aren't coming true right this instant. Camp will/would be amazing. But I have faith in my ability to have a bitchin' summer no matter what.

Also, I called and talked to my dad about the possibility of my not doing so hot in Heidegger since I basically failed the mid-term. He reminded me of how important it is to stay balanced while at the same time reassuring me that it's okay for me to be focused on my life as a whole with school as a part instead of obsessing about grades. I love my dad.

I'm no too worried about the repercussions of doing poorly in school. This summer will be awesome regardless.
Most of the things that previously seemed beyond management, are in fact, quiet handleable.

Ladies and Gentlemen: the mean reds have moved on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home