Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

2.01.2005

God Loves Me

My Room
"Nothing you can see that can't be shown.
All you need is love"
Victory Herbage
About to do my EOSI Reading
10:54 pm
Tuesday, Febraury 1, 2005


God Loves Me

I was walking to a meeting today, in a bit of a funk, when the most amazing thing happened. As I walked, there was a young women who was walking towards me, listening to headphone, and singing to herself. As she approached, I heard her sing. . .

"All things are possible."

And then she was past, and at that moment, I realized that she was right. All things are possible. Suddenly, the day was a little bit brighter, the air a little less cold, and I was a little less unsure of my life. All things are possible: it's possible for me to get an internship, live in Austin, go to Bonnarue, and pass physics. All things are possible.

Next, I saw this small chinese women who was also walking towards me. Suddenly, she looked up, realized something, and started sprinting towards whatever she had realized.

I hope that happens to me one day: a moment of clarity, after which I'm so sure of my next destination that I sprint off into the future, catch the bus, and stride off to whatever comes next. I know where I want to take the bus to, I can't seem to get my shit together enough to get a valid CTA card. Here's to applying for a CTA quick pass, and hoping for the best.

I finished my Study Abroad application today, hence the apprehension about the future.

But, I realized that God loves me, this I know for sure because:
the kosher deli has baba ganoush again!
Alii was sent to rub my shoulders and make my back not hate me
that women sung to me and reminded me about the amazing possibilties that lie before me.

Now, all I have to do is stride boldly towards the future, and do my damndest to catch the bus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home