Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

1.24.2005

Well, At Least You're Honest

My Room
Drinking Coffee
About to go to Class
Sleepy, Sleepy, Sleepy
9:40 am
Monday, January 24, 2005

Well, At Least You're Honest

Alii, Kenneth and I had dinner in Bartlett last night, and we had a moment of truth. Understand that Alii and I were having a full blown nutty, right there in Batlett -- manic laughter, wide-eyed and skittish. Alii stated that she'd was about ten minutes from crawling under the table and not coming out. Kenneth is sitting there, eating a quesadilla, being skeptacle. So, I ask him:
"What's it like to be metally and emotionally stable?"
"All right I guess. Never been any other way, so I don't think about it much."
"What would you do if Alii and I got under the table and seriously flipped our shit. I'm talking, won't come out, rocking like scared autistic children, full out nutty. What would you do?"
"I don't know. Sit here. Probably get a snack."

You'd get a snack? You'd get goddamn snack? Well, at least he's honest. That about put Alii and I over the edge. In his own defense, he didn't run away. We came home, and he sat with me and flat-hand rubbed my back until the world was a little less scary.

"I've been trying harder this past week. Trying harder in everything, and life has been better. I promised I wouldn't ever leave if you needed me, so I'm going to sit here with you for a while."

Maybe I do have a positive effect on people. Oh ex-boyfriends and underlying issues.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger lauren said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home