Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

10.11.2004

What?!? No Work?!?! Egads!

Waiting for Ayse to Realize the Packers are Going to Lose
Facing an Utter Lack of Work
About to Bust Open the Box-O-Fun
Hoping I Can Get all my Shit Done Tomorrow
Having Faith in My List of Lists
Bored Bored Bored
Jammin' with the Kinks (Oh my Lola, L-O-L-A, Lola)
9:28 pm
Monday, October 11, 2004

What?!? No Work?!?! Egads!

For some reason, I have no work. Here at the U of C (and yes, I did accompany that with the appropriate ASL sign) we don't call it homework, we can it Work, because that's what it is. Hardcore - Bust - Your - Ass - Don't - Even - Think - About -Leaving - Your - Room - Oh - My - God - I - Have - How - Many - Pages - to - Read - and - It's - Not - on - E - Reserve -God - Why - OHh - Why - Di d- I - Come - t o- This - Hel l- Hole - of - a - School - WORK. And for some reason, I have none. I feel strangely adrift in this sea of academia, hoping that I can make it to a raft without taking on water, or drowning. Is this the eye of the storm, since yesterday I was so far behind I was sure I'd drown? Or am I just fooling myself, and the storm hasn't even started yet?

I personally can't take credit for this phenomenon. I must give credit where credit is due. Thank you Prof. Levine for making a large section of our readings from books that were incorrectly ordered the first time at the Co-op, or are officially out of print and therefore have to be ordered from Amazon. Oh, and I can't forget Joseph Regenstein for being the namesake of the scariest, most imposing library of Doom. Without him, I might enjoy going to the library and not avoid it like the plague. (Let me illustrate: I've only been in the library 5 times since my beginning at the U of C, and each one, especially when I have to go into the turnstile, has been nothing but a gigantic pain in the ass. Like this one time, this girl seriously got pissy and upset because I was in "her" cubical. Get a life bitch.) I almost forgot to mention all the lovely people in the French department who, while possessing an outstanding grasp of the English language, haven't mastered all the intricacies of HTML and therefore did not post the audio file for my listening assignment.

Let me get to the point: in all truthfulness, I have about 50 pages of reading to do for Wednesday, but I don't have to books. I'm going to have to go run copies at the Reg tomorrow, and check the Co-op for the other. I also have to watch a short video for ASL, borrow a French movie and watch it before my Lecture interview on Wednesday. Hopefully by then the audio file will have emerged, and I can spend at least two hours wishing French people spoke slowly, concisely, and clearly. Fat Chance.

So, needless to say, this time tomorrow, I'm sure to be floundering in a sea of tempestuous academic sludge, but for now, I think I'll enjoy my moments of calm, glass waters.

It's strange, I really don't know what to do with myself, yet my body remembers how to deal with times like this, and I have oh so easily slipped back into the circadian rhythm of last year. Chicken Parmesan a la Florien, West Wing, and mad smokage. Sometimes we come full circle. Yet, instead of hiding from my life in the smoke-filled shit-hole that is Ayse's room, I'm merely taking a break, thanking the universe for this breather, yet readying myself for the coming onslaught.

Have I mentioned my list for tomorrow? The one divided into thirty-minute time slots made to save the most time and to conserve walking energy? Yes, yes, I am anal retentive when it comes to list, but without them, I generally cease to function.

Therefore, I'm off to debauchery, hopefully, and possibly a little flirtation with the newfound object of my affection. Can I go so far as to suggest that maybe, just maybe, there are seed of romance? I better not; I don't want to jinx it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home