Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

9.26.2004

Home Coming

My Room
Listening to the Hudsons
Drinking Whiskey
Desperately Attempting to Ignore Back Spasms of Doom
Maclean House, 124
Chicago, IL
12:37 pm
Sunday, September 26, 2004

Home Coming

Since the bottom fell out of my world last year, I haven't know where my home was. Sure, my dad's house is always a home, a place where I'm always welcome and loved, yet there is an underlying transcience. But now that the boxes have been unpacked, my beloved books shelved, I realise the truth.

This is home.

I went and got raped by the scholastic book system today. Mind you, I'm a member at the Co-op bookstore (I own stock there) so I get a discount. They only had 2/3 of the books I needed, for only half my classes: $127. AND I have to buy the gigantic goliath of a book for my Neural Science class: $95. Oh, and $65 lab fee. Plus, a DVD for American Sign Language, and lord knows what I'll need for French. In addition, they're going to close the kitchen until everyone pays the $50 fee. How am I supposed to feed myself?

Damn, I need a job.

Okay, it's out of my system. I'm done bitching. It's been that kind of day. Let me start with last night so the whole picture can be clear.

Let me state, for the record, that I'm fundamentally opposed to frat parties. They give me the willies; I'm not a piece of meat boys, sorry. That being said, I decided I wasn't going out. Then Brian Ebling came by and said, "Party. Now. We're going." "But, I was gonna. ." "No. I'll give you 10 minutes to be girly. We're on a schedule. Get going." And promptly flopped down in my green chair of goodness and waited. So soon we're jaunting off to the apartement he lived in this summer and we drink Olde Style (I missed the stuff, I'll admit.) with Greg and Thea. (Thea and Mia. We're we cute.) Well, before I notice, we're walking to Phi Delta. Yea? To sum, there were people dancing on this mantle, shirtless because bras are generally white and there was a black light. Who am I kidding? Shirtless girls dancing = horny college people trying to get laid. Prepare youselves for a shock, or maybe not: I danced on the mantle. And the second time (Yes, I was up there more then once. Shut your mouth.) I joined the shirtless hunnies.

This morning, I woke up too hungover to go back to sleep. And then, when I bent down to get cold water from the fridge, my back started spasming. So, I spent the rest of the day in bed, eating anti-inflamatories, cursing myself for eating all my good drugs for recreational purposes, and generally feeling sorry for myself. Ayse was also in a strange state, and is frankly making me worry. I know she's fine, I just wish I could cure her stomach woes and emotionally aide her. I feel powerless, and we all know I can't stand that feeling. We celebrated her culture and heritage by drinking damn fine Turkish liquor and smoking yummy Turkish cigerettes, jamming to Tartar, a Turkish pop sensation. Matt came over and we went to my room, and then I started him on man jobs (crappy blind removal, scissor fixing, drapery adjusting. With my back, I'm kind of an invalid.) But, on the upside, during spasmless moments, I had a chance to continue rearranging, nesting. I feel kinda bad becaue I have storage containers in the hall way, and empty luggage that needs to be moved to the basement storage space. For some reason, I'm thinking that lifting and toating might not be the best plan right now.

Stupid moment of the day: I woke up this morning and realized that I'd shaken my money-maker so hard that I'd lost my soul (aka: U of C ID card) so I had to go get another one. Come to find out, I'd just forgetten that I gave it to Matt to turn in in exchange for dishes last night and never got it back. So, now I have multiple souls, and I'm out $10 bucks.

Oh, and in homage to the Great Goddess of All That Is Internet:

1. Think of a word you would use to describe me.
2. Go to Google Image Search and search for that word.
3. Select the picture you see as most fitting, and post the link to it as a reply.
4. Post this in your journal.

Tomorrow: The Story of the Dude Also titled "Jonathan's First Kiss"

1 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger lauren said...

Resilient:
http://www.instron.com/apps/Asphalt/images/resilient_modulus1.jpg

-The aforementioned Goddess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home