Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

9.20.2004

Last Ounces of Summer

About to Cash
Lauren's Still Very Hard Chair
Post-ACL
Two Days Till Chi-Town
September 20, 2004
12:35 am


I have jammed my self out. I am officially cashed. In short:

Friday

1-2:00 Asleep at the Wheel
2-3:00 Bob Schneider
3-4:00 Rosanne Cash + Nap
4-5:00 Sloan
6-7:00 Particle
8-8:45 FRANZ FERDINAND
9-10:00 Los Lobos/Sherly Crow

Highlights:
1. Me and Lauren Napped right in the Middle of ACL. Just camped out between a couple of stages and napped. It was brillant.
2. Met a really cool dude named Alex who jammed with me during Franz, after Lauren abandoned me. We designed the ultimate festival venue and smoke good buds. Away with you cute just legal Austinite.
3. I finally found me other peeps and we were trying to smoke dope. But we didn't have a pipe. We walked around going "Pipe, pipe. Anyone got a pipe." It was neato. We didn't find one, but we met some cool people.

Saturday

4-5:00 The Gourds
5-6:00 The Wailers
7-8:00 TREY ANASTASIO
8:45-9:00 TREY ANASTSIO

Highlights:
1. TREY. Trey trey trey trey treytrey trey trey trey trey trey trey. He rocked my clothes off, literally. I wore my hippiest shit, my tie-dyed strappy type shirt, and one of the straps popped off during the encore. (First Tube. )Trey is proof that God loves me and wants me to be happy.
2. We were going to see Modest Mouse just to waste time when we heard someone infront of us saying that The Wailers had switched times with G. Love & Special Sauce. Bryan and I sprinted, the most I've probably ran all summer. . And were rewarded with groove.
And we smoked with a girl named Uri.
3. Trey. Did I mention Trey?

Sunday

2:30-3:30 The Roots
3:30-4:30 Ben Kweller
4:30-5:30 Jack Johnson
6:30-7:00 Wilco
7:00-7:15 Dirty Dozen Brass Band
7:45-8:45 MEDESKI, MARTIN, & WOOD
8:45-9:00 Ben Harper

Hightlights:
1. Getting ridiculously high with B-man, then smoking with this dude named Travis from Denver. It was the first time I used my new pipe. I realized that Austin is in Travis county, and these were the GOOD Denver buds. So, I named my pipe Travis Denver. And then the Beat Rocked My Face Off. MMW was 37x more jammin' then they were last time. I rocked myself retarded.
2. As we left MMW, me and Bryan saw a shirt the said "DIGGITY DANK." We went back and took a picture with the dude. AND , we locked and loaded on being Team Leaders for The Omega Squad for Bonnaroo 4. I'm gonna ask my mom if she'll make us a flag, and shirts and such, we're going to try to rent a camper, and bring his friend's golfcart, the one with spinners.
3. I woke up this morning and rolled a joint specifically for the purpose of smoking with Ben Harper. "Burn One Down" came on, I smoked with Bryan. 3-4 people around us light up too. It was a salute to my roots: going to "Take Pictures" with Amanda, pimpin' the La Baron, driven on Oscar Burket and smoking shitty Tyler schwag. This one's for our dead homies. I miss you Neal. It was a nice moment.

I saw Jonathan York. TWICE.
He got on the bus that I got on, my first ever time to ride the Austin Public Transit System. Then, he showed up at the party that Lp and I went to. God is laughing at me, and I must say, he has a great sense of humor. If anyone out there doesn't believe in a purpose, a structure and system to the world, fate persay, all they need is to hear the story of me and a dude named Jonathan York. Lord help us all.


It's a truely beautiful moment when one realizes that they're's no where in the world they'd rather be. Austin was blinging, I was rocken. I've never felt so alive.

There are many many things I have to say about this, but I'm cashed. My knee is squwishy, I'm half-drunk, mildly-sunburned, and about to cash like a mo-fo. To sum: ACL live up to my expectations, I love my friends, I love the Music, I love the Jam. I'm ready to do it all over again. I love my life.

Amen.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home