Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

10.02.2004

Wasting Daylight

Drinking My Fourth Pot of Coffee of the Day
Listening to Beullah
Waiting for Ben and Dan to get Back with Liqour
About to Order Pizza with Kira
BORED
8:18 pm
October 2, 2004

Wasting Daylight

Today, I have been a giant waste of carbon molecules. Maybe it's the fact that I got pretty trashed last night in about an hour, and felt hell-like this morning. Maybe it's a lack of drive to do my school work, maybe it's the strong nesting instinct I'm feeling know. Maybe it's a lot of things but the fact remains: today, I did nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I've filled the hours, but not in any meaninful sense. I had brunch with Matt, Will, and their cute friend Joel, and then walked to Blackstone to see Matt's new room. I did a load of laundry, cleaned my room a bit, and drank a lot of coffee. I'm going to celebrate kicking ass on the LSATs with Ben and Kira. I didn't kick any sort of ass today.

I GOT A JOB!! Yeah! I'm a rockstar! I interviewed at STRIVE tutoring Friday (no, i don't yet know what that stands for) and I really feel that that's the place for me to be. STRIVE Tutoring is a program that's been around for 16 years and reaches approximately 60 kids from first through twelth grade. I'm going to be doing a lot of logistical work such as making sure the tutors meet with their kids (most of the tutors are volunteers. Neato, huh?) and arranging for the proper pick-up with the van service. I'm also going to get to start new programs, such a theatre class! Plus, $12 an hour ain't bad! The people are uber nice and it's at 50th and Ellis. I think I'm going to like working there. It was kinda funny: I told them I'd let them know on Monday, when I'd heard back from all the other places, like I did at the Black Star Project. But, as I walked out of the building, I realized that this was the good job, the one I wanted. I didn't have to wait and be anxious anymore. It's so very nice to be employed.

I'm going to go find Kira and get on this pizza ordering, beer drinking shin-dig. Maybe tomorrow will be more productive. I don't think it can get more pointless then today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home