Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

3.01.2005

Polka Dots = Love

My Room
Hanging with Alii
THREE DAYS TILL KELLER
15 DAYS TILL PORTLAND
Having a Drink
Admiring our Handywork
11:02 pm
Tuesday, March 1, 2005

Polka Dots = Love

Today was a good solid day. And boy did it feel good.

The other day, Alii and I were discussing our want of a mutual snow. And by "our," I mean, I said, "Man, I want one more big-stay-inside-drink-coco-and-cuddle-snow-storm before the winter ends." "Uhh huh. Sure you do."

It snowed last night, and this morning it felt so fresh to step out into brillance, yet untarnished by many feet, missed marks, or small disappointments. I'm romanticizing it a bit, as it was 12:15 when I left the house, and it was fucking cold, but you get my point.

All the better, I had an interview with Summer Links, and I think it went well. Some of my answers were corny, I know, but they were honest and open, which I've decided is best when it comes to interviews. Well spoken, yes.

They asked me what make me mad. I told them people who didn't try. I extended it of course, and explained that I mean when people gave up on their lives. I told them about Matt, how he's dropped off the planet, not studying for the MCAT's, or really being his own person. I'm all for relationships, for love, companionship, and I'm so happy that he's found someone he loves, and who I assume, hope, loves him too. But, she's not in school right now and he is. Matt is easily persuaded. I hope he realiizes this, and does whatever needs doing. Or I hope I'm completely wrong, and he is studying, and maintaining other frienships, his own identity, rocking life and learning about love. And I told them how it angers me to see someone not working towards their future, not making positive change.

That's a decent answer right?

I told them about how important STRIVE is, or at least the mission of STRIVE. I'm not in a position to make most of that changes I would to improve it, but some day, hopefully I will be.

Ahh. Oh the future.

Keller's soon. Hooray for Keller. No sick Alii's this time.

And I actually started my paper today. I mean, I went to Hutch and sat down with the first piles of readings I've found, and pulled from the 1200 pages we've read. (At least!) I went through them and made note of the theories I want to make use of. There's more to go. I want to look into finding material that sugests that groups, tracks, lead to greater social inequality. Which we've read many many opinions of, so I just need to figure out who's to go with.

I've still got over two weeks on that though.

And I studied for the French exam. I've got a little bit of time for that. A week and a day. As long as I keep up the little bursts of studying on it, I should be okay. Plus to night nearer to for intensive training.

My last Physics lab was tonight, thank god. That went well, and Grant and I are going to do that lab on Thursday, after I observe Ms. Sheridan's class again, and after meet Xin for lecture session. Coolio.

Alli and I hung my pictures on the wall today. This room feels like home now. I'm so ready to have a home. I really can't wait till me and Alii get an apartement. Then I'll have a place to call my own for at least two years. Oh joy! Oh rapture! I need to go talk the the financial aide office and see what kind of financial aide hook-up they give you if you move off campus. I know it's way cheaper. Does that mean that since I'm asking for less, I get less? That would be fucked up and unacceptable. I'm going to talk to Grandma and Grandma about helping me out. That with loans and work, I should be able to swing it.

Oh! To live in an apartment! Hooray!

I went and saw Anna Deaver Smith tonight. Nancy McNally on West Wing. She was amazing. She goes around interviewing people on various things -- aka Walt Witman, looking for 'the american experience' -- and records their interview, and re-enacts it for them. It's fabulous. She focuses a lot on race relations. It's amazing this new type of art she's come up with, to express her own views. Tasty.

We put polka dots around one of the pictures on my wall. It's a picture of a tree that I took at Caldwell Zoo, on my old school Pentax. I love Trees. And I love Polka Dots. It's above my bed.

Oh Lauren! I hung up a picture frame with a place holder picture. You spot's all ready!

And with the watching of West Wing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home