Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

2.27.2005

Odes to the Dinning Hall

My Room
Wishing Alii would Tell me a Story
About to go to Sleep
11:42 pm
Sunday, February 27, 2005


Worky McWorkison

This was a weekend-o'- work. Friday, after Muffet, Karl came over, I took the shower of the Gods, and we cuddled and went to bed. I had work at STRIVE on Saturday morning, then Pierce. Alii and I wrote many tasty haiku. Now Presenting:

Odes to the Dinning Hall.

of time eternal
one meal, brief pause supposed
yet here I languish

oh kiwi of love
with thine tender fuzzy skin
I eat you with a spoon

quench my bitter thirst
carbon liquid asprataime
many tiny cups

(tri-taters)
i drown my sorrow
with absence of potato
your fried compassion

(salad bar)
of uncooked glory
even Pierce cannot touch thee
dressing soaks thy flesh

house table of lore
deslote, I come to dine
friends, not food, I find

purloined silverware
stick it to the meal-point man
fruit in my pocket

After that, we camped in Harper, under a window of natural light, and let our minds feast. It was a good studying experience.

Later Alii exponded on a theory proposed by her friend Ned, who'll I meet in 2 1/2 weeks. The theory poses that working away from home is much better. By seperating the two aspects of your life, you not only compell yourself to focus, concentrate, get shit done, but you create a catagorical distinction. Home is for lounging, having fun, and work is for somewhere else. It's a brillant concept actually, one I plan on putting to good use.

Later that evening, after more work, Florian for dinner, we went and saw "Team America: World Police." Yeah, I'm going to hell just for laughing. Then I went to BJ and it was so nice. Yea, I really enjoy Karl. Yum.

And now it's Sunday, and I've been Whistling all day. We had a production meeting at noon, then Naked at 4:00, then Barlett for dinner with Fink and Shepard until 8:00. Then work. Fun Fun Fun.

And now, I'm going to sleep. My back does not like Karl's bed as much as I do, and that's a damn shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home