Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

2.25.2005

What the Future Holds

At Work
Pay Day!
Nap Time Soon Approaching
4:45 pm
Friday, February 25, 2005

What the Future Holds

We'll see shant we?

For the time being, it holds much work. I'm going to start studying for my French final now, as well as starting my Grad Class paper. That paper should be fun at least.

I got an email today from the Inroads people. Hooray! I'm going to have to call Grandma and see if she'll send me some money: I have to buy a I'm-so-cute-and-qualified-don't-you-want-to-hire-me? suit for the training session and the interviews. Oh, Bryan, I'm like you: I'm becoming the man.

I also have a Summer Links internship interview next week. Many many interviews for internships.

Once those are done I can actually figure out where I'm going to live this summer, and next year. Joy!

I've got Muffet again tonight. It went fabulous yesterday. Oh, it was so much fun. I'm going to take a nap and then go be an evil spider. Hooray.

And fucking wash my hair. Good god is there much shit in my hair. Since I have to make it stick straight up off the top of my hair, I haven't washed it since Sunday. Yuck. But after Muffet, I'm going to see Karl. Yum.

Musical chairs for Tsunami Relief tomorrow after work and much studying. Then more studying, and then a movie marathon with Karl. Again, yum.

Looks like I'm going to have to call my mom in the next couple of days. I haven't talked to her in many weeks, and let's just say I'm not looking forward to it. No, I'm not going to ask her for money, but I want to see if she'll send me my cape, and at least update her on potential moving plans. God god, I may have to ask her to drive and get me, and we all know that she's going to act like. . . well, I'm sure but I doubt it's reasonable or nice.

I get all tight, and sucky just thinking about it. Why does she suck so much? I wish I had a mom who loved me for who I am, was proud of me, and was happy and excited to get to know me as a person. But no, I've got a mother who is so wrapped in her own guilt, for God knows what, teamed up with a skewed vision on the world and my place in it, that there's just a yuckiness when you get down to it.

I really wish she'd quit reading my blog. Jay even agrees: she should grow up, and quite expecting to have a real relationship with me while doing stupid shit like that. Next time I'm in Detroit (ha!) I think I'll get the ISP number off that computer and block it. I'm sure I can ask David how to do that. Hmm. . .

Damn, just thinking about calling her ruined my mood. I'm going to go do something else. Boo my mother and doom she brings into my life. Good thing Alii's mom's said I could be her surogate daughter. Hooray for Portland! Hooray for Verna! Hooray for people who don't suck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home