Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

3.05.2005

KELLER!!!!

Work
Coffee = Love
DONE WITH MUFFET
Sleepy
Going to Go Look at an Apartement Soon
KELLER KELLER KELLER
11:16 am
Saturday, March 5, 2005

KELLER!!!

The day is here. At 8:00 pm this evening, I will in fact be rocking my face off hardcore. I will dance, I will yell, I will jam. Yes, I'm excited.

Keller was what got me into jam bands in the first place -- I wouldn't be the giant hippie I am today were it not for him. It all started with Amanda Bolton and I riding around in her piece of shit convertable all summer, "taking pictures" and listening to music. One day, this song came on. It was fabulous, wonderful, funny, catchy, and generally ass-kicking all around. We listened to it repeatedly until I went home. And I was addicted. Then came the two week long search to find the song on CD, as Amanda only had a live version of it on an album someone burned for her. She didn't even know for sure who wrote it. I thought I was doomed to always have that song in my head without ever hearing it played. Then, I made a brillant discovery. I stopped and bought a random CD at Hastings before driving to Denton, and low and behold.

I had found it: Kidney in a Cooler, by Keller Williams

"If you go down to Deep Ellum
To the Gypse Tea Room
Tell 'Em I'm Broke Down In Oklahoma
And I'll try to make it there soon
Oh sweet mama, your daddy's got the Deep Ellum Blues"

My first real concert was Keller Williams, Gypse Tea Room, Dallas Texas, Valentines Day three years ago. With Sean.

And tonight, I go to do it all over again, on bigger, better and uncut. Alii and I, Rivera Theatre. KELLER.

On another note, to sum the past week. It flew by. I didn't do as much work as I should of, as I had Muffet, which went really well. Thank God it's over though. It's nice to have my life back.

Karl's been spending the night frequently, which I adore. Damn, I think I might be on to something here. Last night we had a strange discussion where we decided that calling each other boyfriend/girlfriend is at least mostly applicable, and easier to say then, "We really like each other and we're scared to define it because we don't want to mess things up, but we might as well be a couple because we are anyways."

Yea, that's a mouthful.

OH, I'm going to look at an apartement today. In Ben Fink's building. Oh am I excited. I really hope that Alii and I can get it. Oh the joy! Home home home home home.

Off to do something productive.

"If you need a hand hold
Baby you can take hold
of my love handles
of my love handles

If you need to get your love on
baby you grab on
to my love handles
to my love handles

more of me to love"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home