Inherently Ridiculous

Nuggets of Wisdom, Bowls of Preponderance. Ashing on Your Floor Since 2003.

4.16.2005

What? I'm Really Going? SWEET!

@ Work
Not sleepy for once. Weird.
Hungry.
10:41 am
Saturday, April 16, 2005

What? I'm Really Going? SWEET!

Bryan bought my plane ticket yesterday, so I'm really, truely, going to Bonnaroo. I almost can't believe it. I've wanted to go for so long, it's been my mecca, and finally, I'm really going. True, I'm up to my eyeballs in debt, but that't a-OK.

Oh! I went and put the deposit down on my apartement yesterday. Hooray! I have a place to live! I couldn't be happier. And Julie said I could pay several months in advance, which is awesome. Since Mom gave me all the money she's going to for a while, I want to put it towards rent before I'm tempted to spend it.

THE WAILERS WERE THE SHIT. Just thought I'd let y'all know. It made me miss Bryan, and Eric bad though. I remember at ACL last year, we were at some other show (Wilco?) and then they announced, kinda haphazardly, that The Wailers had been moved/switched time etc. Off Bryan and I go, running running to the Wailers. It was great. We got there just in time to realize we're out of shape, smoke, and jam our faces off. Park West is a really neat facility: small, intimate, swanky, but with an awesome stage. I wish it had been louder though. There was this really drunk guy standing behind me, screaming along -- it kinda sucked, but eventually, all of us around him joined forces and asked him quietly to be less obnoxious.

Other then that, life's been pretty all right. I was going crazy yesterday -- literally losing my grip on sanity/reality. So, I took a mental health day, and instead gather my wits about me. That was such a good call. Sometimes I just feel my entire mental construct get shaky, and I know that it'll crack, crumble and fall if I'm not careful. But, I was able to keep my shit together. It was Karl's birthday, so I told him that what he gets is me not going crazy. He said that's what he's always wanted. Such a nice boy.

Tonight we're having "This is NOT an a cappella concert: a Naked Theatre Benefit." I've been drafted into singing "Big Spender." How come I always have to play the whore? What's that about? I don't know if it's going to come together though. We'll see. I haven't sang for people in so long, I'm not sure I'm up to it, truth be told. I'll do my best.

Then there's a party at the Shoreland, which can only end in tragedy. But, nonetheless, off I go. I'll get to hang out with Chris Perry, which is the shit.

Anywho, I'm going to go read about gesture theory, and see if any of the kids showed up today. Peace out. Bonnaroo!! Hoooray!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home